VERBI Online Wicca Practitioners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Alter Is Set Up....Now what

2 posters

Go down

My Alter Is Set Up....Now what Empty My Alter Is Set Up....Now what

Post  RavynneMorgaine Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:34 am

I have been doing a lot of studying and research online and am really unsure as to what to do first with my alter. Maybe something simple like trying some candle magic? It does not seem to require a lot of difficult ritualistic preparation compared to a lot of other rituals, as I feel it would benefit me by gradually working my way in as a way of getting comfortable with my abilities. Any guidance would be greatly welcomed! Smile

RavynneMorgaine

Back to top Go down

My Alter Is Set Up....Now what Empty Re: My Alter Is Set Up....Now what

Post  lotusmoon Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Have you cast a circle yet? I practiced circle casting when I created my altar and began with simple spells. Until I gained confidence in my abilities I did simple blessings and tried working on my visualization techniques. Candle magic is great because they come in a variety of colors (or even can be tied with a colored ribbon) and once you learn color correspondences you can find the appropriate color to suit your magic. Then you can go a step further and anoint them with oil. Essential oils get expensive. I've only purchased a few myself. I've heard sweet almond oil works well as a general oil for anointing candles. Either way candle magic can be as simple as you like which is great for starting out. Your altar is also a great place to pray, meditate, or perform divination. Do you have a permanent altar or one you set up and take down? I can give you some further ideas especially for a permanent altar if you like. I hope this was helpful! Smile Blessed Be!

lotusmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  RavynneMorgaine Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Thanks lotusmoon! I have a pretty good idea about how to cast a circle but do I invite and welcome the Guardians of the Watchtowers into the circle plus I am also not to sure on how to address the Goddess and God? And my alter is permanent Smile Thank you again for this splendid information. I am beginning to wonder where our moderators are? Must be a busy season for them Smile Blessed Be

RavynneMorgaine

Back to top Go down

Post  lotusmoon Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:18 pm

I personally do not mention the Guardians of the Watchtowers in my circle casting. I'm sure some traditions and individuals would frown on this, however one of the important things to me is that my Craft is what *I* make it. I started out reading books by Scott Cunningham, Kate West, Dorothy Morrison, Silver Ravenwolf, even those books that begin "The Idiots Guide To..." and while I'm sure not all these authors are loved or respected by all Wiccans or Witches (especially Silver) I took bits and pieces of all of them and began making my Craft my own. I've read many other books since but for me these were good building blocks. I begin by blessing and consecrating my symbols of the directions and elements then I invite the elements to watch over me, guide, and protect me. I refer to the God and Goddess as the Lord and Lady though if you feel a strong connection to a particular deity you may use their name. After I invite the elements and the Lord and Lady I begin casting my circle. Do what feels comfortable to you. Some people have very complicated rituals while others simply use gestures. It is the intent and YOUR energy that makes the space sacred and the magic work. I have a permanent altar and one of the first additions to it was a magickal grid I created for healing. They are really lovely and you can use them for any purpose. I used two circular mirrors, one slightly smaller and stacked them so that the smaller mirror is on top of the larger. I gathered 8 small quartz tips to gather energy and placed the facing inward at the outer edges of the larger mirror. On the inside I placed gemstones known for their healing properties and at the very center one large quartz point with a photo of my mother. I leave this set up and when I do rituals or even just pass my altar I remember to send energy and pray for her healing. It reflects light beautifully and you can use a setup like this to manifest anything. Just research which stones best suit your purpose. I also decorate my altar according to the season or upcoming Sabbat. If I can upload a photo of it somewhere I will show you to give you an idea. Your altar is your own sacred space and dedication to the God and Goddess so do what feels right to you. Smile I've also been wondering where the admins are...I really don't want this forum to wither away.

lotusmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  RavynneMorgaine Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Some very helpful guidance! Thank you Smile And as far as admin, if 2 or more keep it going, maybe we can give it a chance to grow. Plus we know the possibilities Like a Star @ heaven Blessed Be

RavynneMorgaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum