VERBI Online Wicca Practitioners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imbolc coming soon

2 posters

Go down

Imbolc coming soon Empty Imbolc coming soon

Post  wrytr31 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Imbolc is fast approaching, when Wiccans have their ritual "Spring cleaning." how do you cleanse your house/yourself on this holiday?

wrytr31
Admin

https://verbionline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Imbolc coming soon Empty Re: Imbolc coming soon

Post  RavynneMorgaine Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Actually this will be my first, so if anyone would like to give me some pointers, that would be great Smile

RavynneMorgaine

Back to top Go down

Post  wrytr31 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:55 am

Well, I try to at least clean house before the day is out. I always use vinegar water to clean the floors and windows, so I just add rosemary and clean everything I can. If I have time I also cleanse the house with burning sage and take a lavender bath. Last year I made a wall hanging with a poem about the day, and I hope to do other crafty Spring things this year as well. One tradition I haven't gotten to try is a ritual. Just before sunset, turn off all the lights in the house. With a single white candle burning, knock three times on the door to invite the Goddess in, then move throughout the house, turning on all the lights one by one.

Also, the colors white, red, and orange are significant to Imbolc, as well as lamps, brooms, yellow and white flowers, Angelica, and Myrrh for decoration; dairy, curries, onions, chives, spiced wine, seeds, and herbal tea for food and drink. For circle casting on this day, snowdrop, bay, heather, basil, benzoin, celadine, and myrrh are all effective.

I hope this helps you have a beautiful Brighid's Day!

wrytr31
Admin

https://verbionline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum