VERBI Online Wicca Practitioners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spell Sharing

2 posters

Go down

Spell Sharing Empty Spell Sharing

Post  lotusmoon Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:50 am

Let's get a new topic going! I think it would be nice to share our experience with spells. I'm really interested to hear everyone's input (I'll share my own later when I'm not at work Smile )

How often do you cast spells?
Do you include them in a ritual or by themselves?
Do you write your own or get them from books, websites, etc?
If you have favorites or would like to share some of your own please include them in your reply.
Have you had success in spell casting?

lotusmoon

Back to top Go down

Spell Sharing Empty Re: Spell Sharing

Post  lotusmoon Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:35 pm

I guess I'll get us started. Regarding spells I used to use them more freely than I do now. Now I'm more focused on praying or blessing. It wasn't that I used the spells hastily or foolishly, but when I first discovered Wicca I had turmoil in my soul and in my life. I had problems with a coworker and I wasn't the person I wanted to be. I did cast spells for help in these situations but I think ultimately just studying Wicca and living my life with the Wiccan rede in mind improved it drastically too. The first spell/blessing I did was one for my pets and also a specific one for my kitty, Cloud. I adopted him as a kitten. He had been a stray and had a wound on his head that kept getting worse. After 3 trips to the vet, staples, stitches, and antibiotics he recovered completely. So you could say my spell and prayers were answered. Usually I do spells with a ritual but a couple times I've had to act on the spur of the moment and had some success. I have used books, websites, and other sources for spells but the ones most important to me I write for myself. One of the most difficult spells for me was the one I did for protection against a coworker. I debated it for a long time because I always attempt to do no harm and to not interfere with free will. I have a particular coworker who lies horribly and caused a lot of misery this summer for myself and other people. He spread lies and gossip and bullied those he could. I finally came to terms with casting a spell that would prevent him from thinking about me or noticing me. I hated to take away his free will but I was to the point I felt horrible anxiety and stress everyday at work. I actually had a lot of success with the spell. Not only does he barely speak to me but circumstances changed so that I write the schedule for our store and was able to remove him as much as possible from those he bullied. I think in this situation not doing something would've caused more harm. I will share a few of my own spells soon (need to reference my Book of Shadows). I'm looking forward to hearing from other people!

lotusmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  wrytr31 Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm

It has been so long since I have written a spell! Every one that I use I've written, and I've just filled my book over halfway (with one spell per page usually). I also like to make my own oils and tools for my alter. I crafted my boline, candle holder, and two wands that I use for different purposes. Just yesterday I cast my first spell in a while to help my son sleep at night, which I may have to rework because it wasn't so effective thus far.

Sleep eludes my weary frame
Let the moon this night call me by name
My best work done when rest is had
Give me sleep to make me glad

I altered it slightly to cast on him rather than myself. I burned a white candle, set a water symbol on the alter, and used rosemary oil with vervain and yarrow to draw the rune Is on his hands and feet. Unfortunately I didn't have any linden or agrimony, which work better for sleep, so this may be why it wasn't so effective. He and I prayed to the Goddess as well (he's four months old, this was his first time in the circle). It felt so good to get back on the broomstick.

When I work a spell that I know needs some "umph", I utilize colors, herbs/oils, and runes to bring purpose to the words. Sometimes the colors are in candles, sometimes in clothing or jewelry. I use oils to bless crystals and stones or pendants, then have a different spell to utilize that charm's specific purpose. If it's a simple spell that only needs to work for a short time, I simply say it, sometimes thrice if it is short. I love the warm tingle I get when connecting with the Lord and Lady.

wrytr31
Admin

https://verbionline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum